Monday, June 22, 2009

Vicarious Sex

I just liked the title.

I think I'm going about this all wrong. Since my day job/real life is just not all that and a game of hide the biscuit at the moment, I really need to get off my ass and start living vicariously through my characters. Fuck real life. My heroine has needs, damn it! At the moment, she needs:
  • To get laid so I can write some hot sex scenes (has anyone read Cosmo lately -- good god, I'm not letting my daughters touch that until they graduate college/birth their first child - no wonder they now have Teen Cosmo, which probably thinks only talking about the J's is appropriate for that age group);
  • A really good stripper name (and a club, for that matter);
  • Some snappy dialogue/soliloquies;
  • A kick ass masseur; and
  • A three-book deal and an HBO miniseries...

Not that I'm projecting or anything.

And why is it that when I get on a perfectly good writing kick for one project, the idea for another, totally unrelated one blossoms in my brain and demands immediate attention, like a three-year-old whose mom is on the phone? I need that thing (I can't remember what it's called at the moment) that Dumbledore has in his office into which he deposits his memories/thoughts to create additional space. Where can I get one?

It is increasingly apparent to me that I will just need to create my own version of reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn, my subscription to MILF-Cosmo ran out.