Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Serious Stuff

Wow, I have seriously been neglecting this blog lately. Just a little too much going on in the everyday, workaday world. But I'm starting to get my creative on again.

You know, sex scenes are not easy to write. I mean, you can get all caught up in the moment, but then you have to stop and think about where to put the hands, and what's going on with the breathing, and ...WTF...is there talking? And if so, what are they saying? And...if you want it to be real, exactly how realistic do you make it? I mean, there must be a happy medium somewhere between a letter to Penthouse, a Cosmo article, and the blurry euphamisms in your typical romance novel.

I know, I know - some people sweat their dialog, want to know if it's believable. I'm all about the sex. Big surprise there. It does make a nice counterpoint to the work projects, cleaning the house, painting the bathrooms, and paying the bills. (What about the breathing? And is there talking?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the grunting. and the sound his belt makes when he pulls it off...