Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Magic

What is it about lights on a Christmas tree that can make you forget that your entire world is upside down, sideways and entirely effed up?

I had fun this weekend. On Saturday, while my husband was hibernating in a friend's man-cave (converted garage with bar & big-screen TV), I put up the tree, turned on some carols, and decorated the house with the munchkins. There's just something about watching a two-year-old laugh at her reflection in shiny red ornaments that takes my mind off the Recession-Watch 2008/stock-market-housing-prices-job-loss seesaw. Forget the shopping list -- if you need some Christmas spirit, avoid the malls and the newspapers and hang out with the pre-schoolers.

Ah, but sooner or later all things good and innocent must come to an end. The babysitter arrived and it was time for me to get dressed and meet two of my attractive and completely insane friends, who insisted I accompany them to a lovely fuckerware party hosted by a work colleague. (And not just any colleague, mind you - a co-worker at a retirement home. Go figure.).

What's that you say, eyes widening with horror? Pardon? You've never attended such a party? Oh, let Miss Tuesday enlighten you, by all means. Tomorrow, though, darling...for the moment, I'm completely tuckered.

To be continued...(hate me now, don't you?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuckerware? nice...

Tuesday said...

I never said this was a family blog. Besides, it's waaaaay more interesting than Tupperware. Trust me.