Thursday, January 8, 2009

Into each life...

...a little rain must fall. Or maybe detergent.

I ran my cell phone through the laundry today.

Can you hear me now? No, no, I can't.

(But I can hear really interesting electrical shock type sounds coming out of it, where it sits in the very back of the kitchen in case it blows up eventually. Poor baby. No one warned them not to sell you to me.)

Good thing I have idiot-proof insurance. I'm sure it's really meant for IT guys and engineers who drop every electronic gadget on god's earth into the toilet. But I can make it work for me as I invent new ways to destroy my electronic toys.

I got a new iPod today too. I'm trying to keep it as far away as possible from the cell phone. In case it can still communicate, you know. Otherwise I'll wake up tomorrow and find that the new baby iPod has disconnected from my computer, wedged her way under the front door, and is halfway down the street in a desperate attempt to keep me from dropping her in the bathtub or running over her with the car. It's futile, honey. Just try to enjoy whatever short amount of time we will have together.

Maybe one of my pairs of sunglasses will send you a message letting you know how they've escaped over the years. (They're all living together on an island somewhere.)

Ooooohhh...maybe tomorrow I'll get a crackberry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you do nice work. was their shrinkage?